Monday, October 11, 2010

Beau Golden Voss

I know I'm almost 2 months behind, but I thought I would post about Beau's birth-
BEAU GOLDEN VOSS was born August 20th,2010 at 11:02 am. He weighed 6lbs 10oz and was 19 1/4 inches long. We found out before he was born that he had cysts on his right lung and will have to have surgery to remove them. There was a 1 in 10 chance that he might have to have surgery right after he was born, so we had to deliver down at the University of Utah hospital. When Beau was born, his right lung didn't inflate and so he had to be on a machine to train it to inflate on it's own and he had to stay in the NICU. But, luckily, he didn't have to have surgery yet. They said he would probably have to stay in the NICU for 1 to 2 weeks, but he was a fighter and only had to be in there 1 1/2 days. Then he was moved to an intermediate nursery and they said he wouldn't go home until Tuesday, but he got to go home on Sunday! He is such a strong boy and we have been so blessed! We have to go back in November for them to do a CT scan and then we will find out when he will have to have surgery. Here are some pictures of him in the hospital.


TJ and I while I was in labor- for 14 hours!

My parents waiting...

Beau- this is the CPAP machine he had to be on- poor guy!

But he is still so cute! He was on CPAP, had a feeding tube and an IV

First family photo

When he got off the CPAP machine-was moved to a nasal thing

Only the feeding tube and IV left

Only the IV left!

Our little family

He kept trying to eat his IV

He FINALLY got to come to my room- He was off of everything!

so handsome!

Ready to go home

My sister-in-law and brother decorated our house outside and inside for us! It was so cute!

We are so blessed to have Beau in our lives! We love him so much! He is such a good baby!

1 comment:

Dan & Mandi said...

I'm so glad that you updated your blog!!! It's hard to fit stuff like that into a busy mom schedule, trust me I know:) Anyways, loved the pics and can't wait to see more updates!!